Keto Mini Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecakes
Everyone knows the secret to making food cuter is to make it smaller. That's why we love these keto chocolate covered mini strawberry cheesecakes. Take one juicy strawberry, place it on a tiny cheesecake, and then cover it with our sugar free dark chocolate. This creates not only a really adorable dessert, but the perfect bite of sweet strawberry and creamy cheesecake under our decadent chocolate. If you have someone special you're trying to impress, this will do the trick. 🥰
This recipe comes to us from Darlene over at Kind Keto Mama. She knows how to make the most decadent desserts keto friendly!
Makes 6 mini cupcakes. Macros per serving (1 cupcake):
Calories: 375 | Fat: 31.6 g | Net Carbs: 5.5 g | Protein: 6.2 g
- ½ cup pecans
- 2 tbsp blanched almond flour
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- ½ tbsp granular sugar substitute
- pinch of salt
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar substitute
- 1 large egg
- ¾ tsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup ChocZero Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 6 fresh strawberries, washed and completely dried, stems on
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place 6 silicone muffin liners in a muffin pan.
- In a food processor pulse pecans, flour, melted butter, granular sugar substitute and salt until combined.
- Begin dropping rounded tablespoons of the crust mixture into the muffin liners. Press the mixture gently into the bottom of the liners.
- Pre-bake for 8 minutes, then remove from the oven and drop the temperature to 325F.
- In a stand mixer, or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese and sweetener until fluffy on medium low setting. Beat in the egg.
- Keeping the mixer at medium, beat in the lemon juice and vanilla until mixture is smooth. Do not over-beat or the cupcakes will cave in while baking. Divide filling among the muffin liners until the cups are almost full.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 325F until cheesecakes are set but still slightly jiggly. They will continue to set outside the oven. Do not overcook the cheesecakes, as that will cause cracking.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on the counter to room temperature, then chill for at least 4 hours. Do not remove the cakes from the liners before setting.
- Using a double boiler (with simmering, not boiling water) gently melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil, stirring occasionally to combine. You may also use a microwave at 20 second intervals, stirring each time.
- Carefully remove cheesecakes from liners and set them on a wire rack over a small cookie sheet.
- By the tablespoonful, pour the chocolate over the top of each cheesecake. Coat the entire surface and allow a little to drip over the sides.
- Place the cookie sheet and cupcakes in the freezer for 15-20 minutes until chocolate is set. One by one, dip each strawberry in the chocolate and place one on top of each cheesecake. Place in freezer for 15-20 minutes and allow to set.