Low Carb Thai Peanut Chicken Skewers
When you've had a long day at work, there's nothing better than an easy dinner that's sweet and a little spicy. These low carb chicken skewers can be marinated the night before and then pan fried in no time! The combination of savory sesame oil and our sweet sugar free maple syrup makes for a taste that's even better than takeout.
This recipe comes to you from Jared Cluck, a keto chef over on Instagram. He bakes yummy low carb recipes. We love how easy they are to make despite how gorgeous they look!
Makes 4 servings. Macros per serving (with dipping sauce):
Calories: 433 | Fat: 26.5 g | Net Carbs: 9.25 g | Protein: 34 g
- 1 lb chicken thighs, breasts or tenders
- 1 cup no sugar cola
- ½ cup liquid aminos
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp chili paste
- 2 tbsp ChocZero Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup liquid aminos
- splash of sesame oil
- splash of chili oil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp ChocZero Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- Combine all chicken skewer ingredients including ChocZero Maple Syrup and marinate chicken for at least 2 hours.
- Skewer chicken and heat olive oil over medium heat in a cast iron pan.
- Cook chicken until charred and internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- While chicken is cooking whisk together dipping sauce ingredients in a bowl until combined.
- Top chicken with dipping sauce and serve with remaining dipping sauce and toppings of choice.