Low Carb Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken
When you're just starting out a low carb lifestyle, meal prep can be an essential way to stay on track while still eating yummy food. We found the secret to making meal prep so much easier is to use a slow cooker. You can add the main ingredients, let the slow cooker work its magic and then sprinkle garnish on top to impress the family. ✨
That's why we love this Low Carb Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken. It's easy to make, and the whole family will love the salty smooth peanut sauce. Our sugar free caramel syrup brings a hint of sweet, to make this taste as good as take-out. Except this time it's less calories!
This yummy recipe comes to us from @eat.keto.af from Instagram. She modified this recipe from Dinner, then Dessert to make it low carb friendly. Allie suggests serving the chicken over some shirataki noodles, but cauliflower rice would taste great, too!
Makes 6 servings. Macros per serving:
Calories: 316 | Fat: 18 g | Net Carbs: 7.2 g | Protein: 29 g
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp ChocZero Caramel Syrup
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- To a 6 qt slow cooker add the coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce, ChocZero Caramel Syrup, rice wine vinegar, ginger, garlic, and stir until combined.
- Cut the chicken breasts into chunks and add to the slow cooker.
- Set the slow cooker to low and cook for 4-5 hours.
- Add lime juice and cornstarch/water mixture to the slow cooker and stir slowly.
- Cook the chicken for another 20 minutes, until the sauce has become thick.
- Serve over your favorite low carb noodle or rice.
- (Optional) Garnish with chopped peanuts, green onions, sesame seeds or your favorite garnish.