Keto Apple Crumble Bars
One of our favorite traditions this time of year is homemade apple pie and these crumble bars are a yummy way to make it keto! Made with real pie crust and apples, these crumble bars are as warm and cozy as a hug from grandma. And, since we like going the extra step with our desserts, we've poured our sugar free caramel syrup all over to make these the perfect fall treat.
This recipe comes to us from our friends over at A Full Living. They take gorgeous pictures of food and create recipes for the low carb lifestyle.
Makes 12 servings. Macros per serving (1 bar):
Calories: 211 : Fat: 17 g | Net Carbs: 6 g | Protein: 3 g
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 9 tbsp granular sugar substitute
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp apple pie spice
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 1 large honey crisp apple
- 2 medium zucchini
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp apple pie spice
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup granular sugar substitute
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp apple extract
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- ½ batch crust dough (from above)
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ChocZero Caramel Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all of your ingredients for your crust, pressing together until a dough forms. Cut the dough in half. Press half of the dough into your pan.
- Add pecans to the other half of remaining dough, combine, then refrigerate.
- Bake your crust for 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Cool for 15-20 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, combine your zucchini, apples, butter, sweetener, apple pie spice, cinnamon, apple cider vinegar, water and salt in a medium sauce pan. Cook over medium heat until the zucchini and apple have softened, about 20 minutes.
- Once softened, remove from the heat, add in your vanilla and apple extract, then sprinkle on your xanthan gum. Whisk vigorously to combine until the sauce has thickened. Taste the mixture, adjust sweetener and spices to your preference. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Pour your filling into your cooked crust, then top with the crumble topping, pressing down lightly on the crumble topping to adhere to the crust. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown on top. Allow to cool completely before cutting.
- Top with ChocZero Caramel Syrup and low carb ice cream or our sugar free vanilla whipped cream.
More Keto Bar and Brownie Recipes:
- Don't wait in line at the coffee shop, make your own Keto Cranberry Bliss Bars!
- Peanut butter and chocolate lovers, beware! The Keto Tiger Butter is the most delicious fudge in the jungle.
- Keto White Chocolate Blondies with Sugar Free Caramel Sauce is decadence on a plate.