Keto Cranberry Bliss Bars
It's that time of year again: the cranberry bliss bars are back and the star of the show. But, we're here to buck all that sugar and instead create a keto friendly cranberry bliss bar copycat. This homemade version of the coffee shop dessert is an easy sugar free holiday treat for gift-giving or even the office Christmas party. You can make the low carb dessert bars ahead of time so they're easy to share (or meal plan to eat them yourself, don't worry we won't tell Santa).
We love the mix of zesty cranberry and yummy white chocolate, so we made sure there was plenty of both in these festive blondie brownies. Not only did we sprinkle them into the bars, we've also melted our low sugar white chocolate chips to create a creamy frosting that's decorated with bright and beautiful red cranberries. Never again will you have to wait in line at the coffee shop for this seasonal treat.
This recipe comes to us from keto creator, Carolyn.
Makes 16 servings. Macros per serving:
Calories: 206 | Fat: 18g | Net Carbs: 2.6g | Protein: 4.5g
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ⅔ cup brown sugar substitute
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger (or 1 tsp ground ginger)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tbsp grassfed gelatin
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup ChocZero White Chocolate Chips
- ¼ cup sugar-free dried cranberries chopped
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar substitute
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ½ tbsp almond milk, room temperature
Garnish and Drizzle:
- 2 tbsp sugar-free dried cranberries chopped
- 3 tbsp ChocZero White Chocolate Chips
- ½ tsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and lightly grease a 9×9 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter with the sweetener until well combined. Beat in the egg, ginger, and vanilla extract.
- All at once, add the almond flour, gelatin, baking soda, and salt. Beat until the dough is thoroughly combined. Stir cranberries and chocolate chips in by hand.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan and bake 15 to 20 minutes, until the edges are golden brown but the center is still soft to the touch. Remove and let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese with the sweetener until well combined. Beat in the vanilla and then beat in the almond milk until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the frosting evenly over the bars.
- Sprinkle the bars with the chopped dried cranberries.
- In a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, combine ChocZero White Chocolate Chips and coconut oil or cocoa butter. Stir frequently until melted and smooth.
- Drizzle over the bars and let set 20 minutes before cutting into bars.