Chocolate Keto Mochi Cake Without Rice Flour
Nothing beats a dessert trend, especially when it's mochi! This Perfect Keto Mochi Cake Without Rice Flour is the perfect low carb chocolate twist on the Japanese dessert!
Annie from Keto Focus brings us a delicious recipe for a keto mochi cake that is made without rice flour. By using inulin powder and xanthan gum, she brings out all the flavor and texture you know and love from traditional mochi cake. This cake is buttery, bouncy and has a texture that is as unique as the taste, all whilst keeping the carb count low!
Using our creamy low carb milk chocolate chips and some rice-free flour options, you'll have the perfect mochi cake. If you're looking for a fun and unique cake for your next get together – this chocolate perfect keto mochi cake is sure to be a hit.
Makes 9 servings. Macros per serving (1 piece of cake):
Calories: 146 | Fat: 12.8g | Net Carbs: 1.3g | Protein: 4.6g
- ½ cup inulin powder
- ¼ cup unflavored protein powder
- 1 tsp egg white powder
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup monkfruit blend sweetener
- ¼ cup brown monkfruit sweetener
- ¾ cup ChocZero Milk Chocolate Chips, melted
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a square baking dish with parchment paper.
- Whisk together inulin powder, protein powder, egg white powder, xanthan gum and salt.
- Slowly mix in coconut milk using an electric mixer until mixture is goopy.
- In a separate bowl melt the ChocZero Milk Chocolate Chips in the microwave using 30 second intervals, stirring in between.
- Add sweeteners, melted ChocZero Milk Chocolate Chips, eggs, butter and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Pour mixture into parchment lined square baking dish and bake at 325°F for 27-30 minutes or until set.
How to Make the Perfect Keto Mochi Cake:
Annie walks us through how to make this trendy, rice free keto mochi cake in our step-by-step video.