How to Make Keto Ginger Snap Cookies
Get your baking pans ready for a new twist on a classic cookie! These Keto Ginger Snap Cookies upgrade a holiday dessert you know and love. If you're looking for the sweet & spice flavor of a ginger snap without all the carbs, these are the holiday treat for you. What makes these ginger snaps unique? We've added our real white chocolate into the mix to create a Christmas keto cookie so yummy you might not want to share with Santa. Just kidding, Santa can have a couple. We want to stay on his good side. 🎅
While most ginger snap cookies use molasses to add major sweetness, it isn't keto friendly. This recipe uses a combination of a monk fruit blend sweetener and our creamy white chocolate chips for sweetness to balance out the spice of ginger. Once baked, these cookies have the puffy, soft center and crispy edges for the perfect snap! These keto holiday cookies are a good idea for a Christmas party, baked for a gift or to just enjoy during the holiday season.
These cookies come to us from Brandi at Stay Snatched.
Makes 15 cookies. Macros per serving (1 cookie):
Calories: 159 | Fat: 14g | Net Carbs: 2g | Protein: 5g
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- ⅓ cup brown sugar substitute
- 1 egg
- ⅛ tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups blanched almond flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger, to taste
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar free white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a sheet pan or cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat.
- Cream butter and brown sugar substitute in a mixing bowl using a stand or hand mixer on medium speed for about 2 minutes.
- Add the egg, vanilla, and lemon juice. Use the mixer and blend on low for 30 seconds. And then blend on medium for a couple of minutes or until light and fluffy, scraping down bowl. Add in half of the almond flour and beat.
- Add in the remaining almond flour, cinnamon, ginger, salt, baking soda and beat until well mixed.
- Fold in the sugar free white chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop or your hands form the dough into balls. Flatten the top with your hands or with a spoon.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. When cookies are golden around the edge but still look soft they are ready to take out. They will burn if baked longer than this.
- Remove cookies from the oven and leave on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before moving them to a wire rack. If you move the cookies too soon, they will crumble.