Keto Maple Bacon Cookies
Bacon goes with everything, especially our sugar free maple syrup! These cookies are a deliciously different way to kick start baking season.
Featuring yummy bacon fat 🥓 these are one of the best keto cookie recipes out there. Don't throw away any rendered bacon fat after cooking strips for your breakfast! Instead, save your strained fat in a container in the fridge or freezer and use it to add delicious bacon-y flavor to these cookies.
This recipe was developed by Annie from Keto Focus and on top of being low carb these tasty cookies are dairy free.
Makes 18 cookies. Macros per cookie:
Calories: 87 | Fat: 7.4 g | Net Carbs: 1.1 g | Protein: 1.2 g
- 1 ¼ cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup granular sweetener of choice
- ¼ cup brown sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup rendered bacon fat (from cooking 1.5 pounds bacon)
- ¼ cup ChocZero Maple syrup
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a food processor, add dry ingredients and pulse until combined. Then add remaining ingredients and pulse until a smooth, stiff dough ball forms.
- Optional: Wrap in Saran wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours. (This step is optional, they still come out fine without refrigeration but I think it makes them taste even better!)
- Roll out into a 1 inch ball and place on a parchment lined baking tray about 1.5 inches apart. Flatten out with spoon.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Cool on the baking tray for 2 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack.