Keto Dark Chocolate Peppermint Tart
'Tis the season for treats and this keto dark chocolate peppermint tart is mint to be your new favorite! Smooth and decadent, this tart is full of chocolate with a sweet hint of peppermint. We've used our vegan friendly dark chocolate chips, melting them down to create a creamy and sugar free chocolate tart filling that has a real "wow" factor!
This recipe comes to us from Darlene over at KindKetoMama! She loves coming up with yummy keto goodies and desserts.
Makes 12 servings. Macros per slice:
Calories: 275 | Fat: 26 g | Net Carbs: 3.1 g | Protein: 1.3 g
- 2 cups almond flour, finely ground
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup granular sugar substitute
- 6 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- pinch of salt
- 14 oz ChocZero Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- crushed sugar free peppermint candies
- fresh mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl combine all the dry crust ingredients with a whisk.
- Pour in the melted coconut oil and stir until combined.
- Press the crust mixture into a 9" tart pan or pie dish. Bake for 10-12 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- In a medium sauce pan bring the coconut milk to a gentle simmer. Do not allow to boil.
- Place ChocZero Dark Chocolate Chips in a glass/heat safe bowl and pour the coconut milk evenly over the top of them. Allow to sit for 30 seconds.
- With a wooden spoon very gently stir until everything is combined and smooth. When stirring do your best to not incorporate too much air or the top layer wont be smooth.
- Stir in peppermint extract until combined.
- Pour chocolate mixture into the baked crust and smooth the top with a spoon or a pastry knife.
- Chill in fridge for a minimum of 2 hours. Do not cover with plastic wrap or it will stick to the filling.
- Garnish with toppings of your choice after the pie filling has fulled cooled down.
- Serve chilled.