Keto Chocolate Poke Cake with Pumpkin Frosting
Now that Halloween is almost here, we're ready to dig into some baked treats! If you're tired of decorating cookies and you want something easy that'll still wow the kids, this chocolatey keto autumn cake will do the trick. The secret to this decadent, fudgy cake is our sugar free chocolate syrup that's made with real chocolate. Add pumpkin cream cheese frosting on top and you've got yourself a dreamy fall dessert.
This recipe comes to us from Sarah over at Sarah's Fit Food. She comes up with ooey-gooey treats for all the keto bakers out there.
Makes 12 servings. Macros per serving:
Calories: 140 | Fat: 12 g | Net Carbs: 1.8 g | Protein: 3.5 g
- 1 cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup dark cocoa powder
- ½ cup granulated erythritol or granulated sugar substitute of your choice
- ⅛ tsp pure monk fruit extract
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup butter
- ⅓ cup ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup ChocZero Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup
- ½ cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 3 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ cup powdered erythritol or powdered sugar substitute of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
Line 8x8-inch glass baking dish with parchment paper.
- Combine dry cake ingredients in a bowl.
Add wet ingredients (except for chocolate syrup), and stir until combined.
- Pour batter into pan, and bake for around 30 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven and poke holes throughout it, about 1 inch apart.
- Spread ChocZero Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup sauce evenly over cake and allow it to soak into the holes.
- Prepare frosting by combining cream cheese, butter and pumpkin puree in a large bowl and beating until combined. Add powdered sweetener and beat until very smooth.
- Once cake has cooled completely, spread with frosting. Slice, and enjoy! Store in the refrigerator.