Easy Keto Fried Chicken Chaffles
These keto crispy fried chicken chaffles make for a quick keto meal that delivers all the satisfaction of fried chicken and waffles with each delicious bite. These low carb waffles are sweetened with our sugar free maple syrup, filled with delicious chicken and coated with pork panko crumbs before being fried to a gorgeous crispy golden finish.
It's easy, it's tasty, and we don't know about you, but anything that combines fried chicken, chaffles and our luscious maple syrup is a winner in our book.
Enjoy as a quick keto dinner or as an indulgent weekend brunch.Macros per chaffle (makes 2 small chaffles):
Calories: 218 | Fat: 11.3 g | Net Carbs: 4.5 g | Protein: 17.1 g
- 1 egg
- 2 oz canned precooked shredded chicken
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoon ChocZero Sugar Free Maple Syrup
Keto Panko Crumb Coating
- 1 egg + 1 tablespoon water
- ½ cup ground pork rinds
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Mix to combine. Shred up chicken while mixing to yield smaller shreds of chicken.
- Pour mixture into a preheated waffle maker. Close the waffle maker and let cook for 3-5 minutes or until the waffle is set and can be removed from the waffle maker easily.
- Using two separate bowls, mix together the egg plus 1 tablespoon of water in one bowl and place ground pork rinds in the other bowl.
- Dip the chaffle in the egg wash to coat. Then dip in the pork rind mixture to coat with pork rinds.
- Add enough avocado oil in a skillet to cover the thickness of the chaffle. Heat the oil to medium heat. The oil is hot enough when a crumb of pork rinds sizzles when thrown into the hot oil. Place each chaffle in the hot oil and fry on both sides until golden brown. Remove from heat and place on a paper towel to cool and remove excess oil.
- Top with butter and additional ChocZero Maple Syrup.
Annie from Keto Focus walks us through how to make these keto chicken chaffles in our step-by-step video.