Easy Keto Custard Flan
Custard flans are a popular dessert for a reason. Each bite is a melt-in-your-mouth blend of creamy baked custard and sweet caramel syrup. And this easy Keto Custard Flan is so quick to put together. Our sugar free caramel syrup is a delicious time-saver, and everything else comes together in minutes. Then the dessert can just be left to chill overnight or until you're ready to eat--meaning this flan is the perfect make-ahead no-stress keto dessert.
(And if you're celebrating Cinco de Mayo tomorrow, this is a sugar free twist on a traditional Mexican recipe that's sure to have you dancing around the table!)
Our favorite recipe developer, Annie from Keto Focus, walks you through the process in our step-by-step video.
Macros: Calories: 144 | Fat: 15.9 | Net Carbs: 4.4 | Protein: 5.6
- ½ cup ChocZero Caramel Syrup
- 3 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup macadamia nut milk or nut milk of choice
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered monk fruit or sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Pour ChocZero Caramel Syrup into a loaf pan or two 3x4 inch loaf pans. Turn the pans slightly to evenly coat the bottom of the loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a blender, add eggs and egg yolk. Blend until smooth.
- Add nut milk, heavy cream, sweetener, lemon zest and vanilla extract to the blender. Blend until smooth and combined.
- Pour custard mixture into the loaf pan or pans.
- Place the loaf pan(s) into a large baking dish and fill the dish with hot water until it reaches halfway up the loaf pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until the flan is set on top but lightly jiggly.
- Remove from the oven and the water bath. Place on a cooling rack for 30 minutes. Then transfer to the refrigerator to set for at least 8 hours.
- To unmold, loosen the flan from the sides of the loaf pan using a knife. Center your serving dish on top of the pan and carefully flip the pan and plate together. The flan will fall onto the plate and the caramel will run all over the top. (If the flan does not come out, flip it back over and let set at room temperature for 5-10 minutes or place the loaf pan in a hot water bath for a few minutes to melt the caramel. Then try again).