A stack of super fluffy low carb souffle pancakes is the kind of eye-catching breakfast to make you stop in your tracks and go yes please. In today's recipe, Annie from Keto Focus offers up a sugar free spin on this Japanese breakfast staple with these Fluffy Keto Souffle Pancakes. Thick, pillowy and decadent, this low carb breakfast is the perfect canvas for fresh fruit and your favorite keto topping syrup.
Watch Annie walk you through the process of making sugar free souffle pancakes in our step-by-step video.
How to make Keto Souffle Pancakes
Makes 6 pancakes
Macros per pancake:
Calories 94 | Fat 6.7 | Net Carbs 2.3 | Protein 3.9
- 2 egg yolks
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 egg whites
- ¼ cup monkfruit
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- To top: ChocZero sugar free syrup
- Preheat a griddle to the lowest heat setting.
- In a small bowl, add egg whites and beat until they start to foam. Slowly add in monkfruit sweetener and vinegar. Continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- In a large bowl, add egg yolks, heavy cream, coconut flour, almond flour, and baking powder. Mix until combined.
- Add ⅓ of the egg mixture to the flour mixture. Fold in to get a smooth consistency. Carefully fold in the remaining egg mixture. Do not overmix or the pancakes will fall flat. Fold carefully to retain the airiness of the egg whites.
- 1-2 tablespoons of pancake batter onto the griddle. Cover and let cook for 2-3 minutes. Add another tablespoon of pancake batter on top of each pancake. Cover again and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Pancakes will be ready to flip when all the edges are firm and you can easily slide a spatula underneath to flip them.
- Flip pancakes, cover and let cook for another 1-2 minutes. Remove from the griddle and top with your favorite ChocZero syrup.
More Keto Breakfast Ideas:
- Try this Keto French Toast for the perfect lazy Sunday brunch.
- If you don't have a lot of time, this quick Sugar Free Parfait is a filling and nutritious breakfast.
- The McKeto Breakfast Sandwich is a classic flavor combo of egg, breakfast sausage and sugar free maple syrup sandwiched between two chaffles.
- And a list of keto breakfast options wouldn't be complete without our delicious Low Carb Chocolate Chip Chaffles!