Keto Meringue Cookies Made with Egg Whites
These keto meringue cookies are crisp little morsels of sweet deliciousness. Made with our sugar free syrup, these egg white cookies are sugar free, sugar alcohol free and low carb. This recipes uses our vanilla syrup to create delicate little keto vanilla meringues, but you can use any of our syrups to add different flavors. We are so excited to try out maple meringues! 🧡 🤤
Another easy recipe by Annie from Keto Focus, these keto meringues make a tasty snack all on their own, you can pile them up in a bowl with whipped cream and berries for a sugar free Eton mess, or you can use them to add the perfect finishing touch to a low carb pie.
Makes 60 cookies. Macros per serving (3 cookies):
Calories: 16 | Fat: 0 g | Net Carbs: 0.9 g | Protein: 0.7 g
- 4 egg whites
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- ½ cup ChocZero Vanilla Syrup (or sugar free syrup of your choice)
- pinch of salt
- optional gel dye for color
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Add egg whites to a large, clean, dry bowl. Add cream of tartar and a pinch of salt. Beat until mixture is foamy.
- Slowly add ChocZero Vanilla Syrup while continuing to beat mixture. Beat until very stiff peaks form (takes around 3-5 minutes). Meringue should be so stiff that you can flip the bowl upside down without it falling out.
- Add meringue mixture to a piping bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe little stars out onto a parchment lined baking tray. Space about ½ inch apart. Bake at 200 degrees for 1 hour.
- After an hour, turn off the oven and let the meringue cookies sit in the oven undisturbed for another hour to allow the cookies to set and harden further.
To make colored meringue cookies, add a small amount of gel dye to the meringue mixture before adding to a piping bag.
Top tip: Make sure your bowl and whisk are completely clean and that there is no egg yolk in your whites. Any trace of fat will stop your meringues from forming stiff peaks.
How to Make Keto Meringue Cookies
Annie walks us through how to make these tasty keto meringues in our step-by-step video.
Looking for more Keto cookie recipes?
Need a super fast sugar free sweet fix, stat? These Single Serve Keto White Chocolate & Macadamia Cookies can be made in the microwave!
Our classic Keto Frosted Animal Cookies are so fun to decorate.
And for a delightfully grown up low carb cookie, try this Cherry Almond Keto Shortbread.