Easy Chocolate Covered Keto Marshmallows
This week we are bringing you Chocolate Covered Keto Marshmallows that are the low carb version of this classic treat. What's better than marshmallow coated in your favorite chocolate?
You'll need silicone molds for shaping these candies, but otherwise they are incredibly simple to make. Depending on the season you can use whatever festive mold strikes you--after all, it's hard to go wrong with marshmallow dipped in chocolate.
This lovely sugar free recipe was developed by Annie from KetoFocus and extensively tested by her kids!
Makes about 12 small chocolates. Macros per serving (1 egg):
Calories: 57 | Fat: 3.5 g | Net Carbs: 1.25 g | Protein: 1.5 g
- Add ½ c cold water to gelatin and vanilla syrup in a small bowl. Whisk until it looks like applesauce. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium high heat, add 1 cup water, sugar substitute and salt. Stir to combine. Let cook until the sauce reaches a temperature of 240°F.
- Remove from heat and pour into the gelatin mixture. Using an electric mixer, beat together until you get marshmallow cream consistency. This should take about 7-10 minutes.
- While mixing, melt some chips or squares in a microwaveable bowl. Pour a couple of spoonfuls of melted chocolate in the egg mold to coat.
- Pipe or pour in marshmallow cream in the center. Pour additional melted chocolate until mold is full. Repeat.
- Refrigerate until hard.
Let's Get Creative!
- Make chocolate covered marshmallow Easter eggs with an egg shaped mold 🐇
- Make cute little marshmallow Santas for a keto Christmas treat by using a Santa mold 🎅
- Get creative and show us your marshmallows by tagging us on Instagram 🙌