Sugar Free Hot Cocoa Bombs
The new holiday trend is here and it's mind blowing! 🤯 These sugar free hot cocoa bombs explode with flavor and take your favorite festive drink to the next level. We've nestled sugar free hot cocoa inside a chocolate dome that's ready to melt your heart once you drop it into your mug! The chocolate shell made with our keto friendly chocolate chips create a creamy and decadent treat that's also fun to watch. Keep an eye out for our own keto friendly hot cocoa coming soon!
This recipe comes to us from Annie over at KetoFocus. She loves creating festive treats that are keto friendly and the whole family can enjoy!
Makes 4 servings. Macros per serving:
Calories: 120 | Fat: 10 g | Net Carbs: 2 g | Protein: 0 g
- 1 cup ChocZero Chocolate Baking Chips (dark, milk or white)
- 4 tbsp Sugar Free Hot Cocoa Mix
- half circle silicone molds
- Place chocolate in a glass bowl and melt in the microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- Scoop a couple of tablespoons of melted chocolate into the cavity of each mold. Use the back of the spoon to spread the chocolate along the edges, covering the sides of the cavity with a thin layer of chocolate.
- For an even layer, grab your silicone mold, holding on one side and let it hang in the air until gravity starts to move the chocolate around the inside of the cavity. Let hang for about 10 seconds on each side until the chocolate is evenly coated.
- Add extra chocolate to the edges of the half circle using a paintbrush or the tip of the spoon. This will add extra support when you go to pop out the half sphere from the mold.
- Let harden in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or freezer for 5 to 10 minutes. After a few minutes into setting them, take them out and add an additional layer of chocolate to the edges. Return to the refrigerator or freezer to continue cooling.
- Once completely set, carefully pop out each half dome out of the mold and set aside on a cold plate. It’s best to handle the domes with gloved hands so you don’t melt the chocolate.
- Microwave a clean plate for 1 minute just to get the plate warm. Place one dome edge side down on the plate for a couple seconds to melt the edges and make it even. Flip over and add 1 tablespoon hot cocoa powder to the inside of the dome.
- Take another dome and melt the edges on the warm plate. Place it one top of the dome with the cocoa powder to join the edges. Let set in the fridge or freezer to help seal them together. Continue working on remaining cocoa bombs.
- Remove cocoa bomb from the refrigerator or freezer and brush a thin layer of melted chocolate around the edges to completely seal. Return to the fridge or freezer to set.
- You can decorate your cocoa bombs with additional melted chocolate.
- To serve, place the hot cocoa bomb in a mug filled with warm cream or nut milk. Stir and enjoy!
More Chocolate Holiday Treats:
- Tell the kids these Keto Chocolate Espresso Truffles taste like coffee so they don't steal them!
- 4-Ingredient Keto Chocolate Clusters couldn't be easier to make and you can use a festive shape to celebrate the holidays.
- If you're craving cheesecake, but need it to fit your macros, try our 5-Ingredient Keto Cheesecake Bites.