Low Carb Chocolate Donuts (Made with Almond Flour)
Is there a better way to celebrate National Donut Day than with a classic chocolate on chocolate donut? Definitely not! These Low Carb Chocolate Donuts made with delicious almond flour are the perfect way to celebrate the holiday. Between the moist chocolate cake donut and the drizzle of chocolate glaze, you won't be able to stop at one.
To make these keto chocolate donuts, combine all of the dry ingredients with heavy cream, egg, butter, vanilla & butter to make a perfect cake batter. Fold in our delicious chocolate chips and pop in the oven. Once the donuts cool, melt down more of our chocolate chips and dip each donut into the chocolate glaze. Now just pour a fresh cup o' joe and enjoy all the chocolatey goodness of a fresh donut.
This recipe comes to us from Lisa at Low Carb Yum, who is always bringing us quick, easy & delicious keto recipes.
Makes 8 servings. Macros per serving (1 donut):
Calories: 213 | Fat: 19 g | Net Carbs: 3 g | Protein: 6 g
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar substitute
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup ChocZero Milk Chocolate Chips, divided
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- sugar free chocolate sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the almond flour, cocoa powder, sugar substitute, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, heavy whipping cream, eggs, vanilla and butter until well combined. Fold in ¼ cup ChocZero Milk Chocolate Chips.
- Fill the sections of a well greased donut baking pan evenly with the batter.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until cooked through. Let the donuts cool.
- Add remaining ½ cup ChocZero Milk Chocolate Chips and coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl and heat at 30 second intervals until completely melted and combined.
- Dip the top of each donut into the melted chocolate, and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. You can optionally top with sugar free sprinkles.
- Place the baking sheet into the freezer for several minutes to set before serving.