Earth Day Cupcakes
What's a better way to celebrate Earth Day than with cupcakes made with ethically conscious and delicious ingredients? Make them strawberry chocolate, that's how!
Our tasty Earth Day Chocolate Cupcakes are created by melting our milk & dark chocolate baking chips, made with slavery-free and fair trade cocoa beans, to make a moist, luscious batter. Top it with a berry drizzle with some of our delectable strawberry baking chips and voila! A treat that you can feel good about enjoying.
Make too many? Store your extra Earth Day Cupcakes in reusable Weck Jars, to help prevent excess waste!
Makes 6 cupcakes. Macros per serving (1 cupcake):
Calories: 361 | Fat: 28 g | Net Carbs: 8.17 g | Protein: 9.8 g
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup ChocZero Dark Chocolate Chips
- ¼ cup ChocZero Milk Chocolate Chips
- ¼ cup nut milk
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp nutmeg
- ½ cup granulated sugar substitute
- 1 cup ChocZero Strawberry Chips
- 1 cup nut milk
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F and grease or line a cupcake pan with tins.
- In a bowl combine the baking soda, cacao powder, almond flour, cinnamon and nutmeg and whisk together.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs until fluffy. Slowly pour the eggs into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix together until combined.
- Melt the ChocZero Dark Chocolate Chips and ChocZero Milk Chocolate Chips using a double boiler or the microwave in 30 second intervals. Add the nut milk to the melted chocolate and mix together. Slowly pour this melted chocolate mixture into the other bowl of combined ingredients. Then add the granulated sugar substitute and mix until a batter forms.
- Divide the batter evenly into the cupcake tin and bake for 15-18 minutes.
- On low heat add the nut milk and ChocZero Strawberry Chips to a saucepan and mix until smooth to form a ganache. Place in the refrigerator and allow to completely cool.
- In a mixer or blender add the cream cheese and whip until fluffy. To this add the chilled ganache and whip until fluffy.
- Decorate each cupcake with the finished frosting.