How to Make Keto Strawberry Ice Box Pie
This beautiful Keto Strawberry Ice Box Pie is a keto-friendly spin on a classic summertime dessert. Traditionally, ice box pies are completely no bake, but in this keto version, you'll create a buttery soft pie crust from scratch and just a few ingredients! Next comes the star of the show: strawberry filling! Just combine keto strawberry jello mix with our Sugar Free Vanilla Whipped Cream, created with our versatile vanilla syrup. Once completely mixed, add to the flakey crust and cool.
In just hours, you'll be cooling off on the patio with each berry-licious melt-in-your-mouth bite all summer long!
Created by Annie at Keto Focus, this strawberry ice box pie is the perfect summer BBQ dessert! Just a few ingredients and some cooling, you'll have the berry crowd pleaser!
Makes 8 servings. Macros per serving (1 pie slice):
Calories: 274 | Fat: 23.3 g | Net Carbs: 5.4 g | Protein: 5.1 g
- 1 ¼ cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- ¼ cup golden monk fruit sweetener
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp butter, chilled
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 box (17g) sugar-free strawberry flavored jello mix
- ⅔ cup boiling water
- ½ cup cold water
- ½ cup ice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup ChocZero Vanilla Syrup
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until coarse crumbles form.
- Press into a greased pie plate and bake at 350°F for 9-10 minutes or until crust starts to turn golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Combine gelatin and boiling water in a large bowl. Stir until dissolved. Pour the cold water into the cup of ice. Then pour into the gelatin mixture. Stir until slightly thickened. Remove any ice that doesn’t dissolve.
- In a separate medium bowl, add heavy cream and beat using an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add ChocZero Vanilla Syrup and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Carefully whisk whipped cream into the gelatin mixture. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes to allow the mixture to thicken.
- Scoop into the cooled pie crust and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Store in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
How to make Keto Strawberry Ice Box Pie
Annie walks us through how to make this colorful sugar free ice box pie classic in our step-by-step video.