Cherry Almond Keto Shortbread Cookies
A good keto shortbread cookie is hard to find, but we've done the research and have a lovely cherry almond cookie that uses both coconut and almond flour to keep it low carb.
This delightful keto shortbread cookie recipe is developed by Annie at Keto Focus. After baking these cookies, you can dip them in our white chocolate chips for an icing that tastes as good as it looks.
And it looks pretty great!
Makes 12 cookies. Macros per serving (1 cookie with frosting):
Calories: 250 | Fat: 22 g | Net Carbs: 2.7 g | Protein: 4.2 g
- 1 ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup of unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup monk fruit blend or sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp cherry extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup ChocZero White Chocolate Chips (or milk/dark chips as preferred)
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- Food coloring (optional)
- Sift together almond flour, coconut flour and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter, monk fruit, cherry and almond extracts.
- Slowly stir in dry ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Transfer cookie dough to a sheet of plastic wrap. Mold into a cylinder and cover with plastic wrap. Continue rolls a cylinder shape until dough is 1 ½ inch in diameter. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until stiften.
- Slice off ¼ inch cookies and place about 1 inch apart on a parchment lined baking tray. Bake at 350 degrees for about 8 minutes or until edges start to turn golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool on the baking tray for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
- Melt ChocZero white baking chips in a small microwave safe bowl for 30 second intervals until melted, stirring in between. Add food coloring if desired.
- Dip cooled cookie in melted chocolate and sprinkle slivered almonds on top the melted chocolate. Place on the wire rack to set.
Annie shows you exactly how to make these keto shortbread cookies in our step-by-step video.
Looking for more keto cookies?
- Our cute Frosted Animal Cookies make for such a fun baking project!
- We turned out Peanut Butter Cups into PB Cup Cookies for ultimate chocolate and peanut butter indulgence.
Share your cookie creations with us on Instagram by tagging them with #ChocZero!