Homemade Sugar Free Mint Chip Ice Cream
Enjoy a carefree afternoon with a scoop of Homemade Sugar Free Mint Chip Ice Cream. Do you have an ice cream maker, but aren't sure how to make keto-friendly ice cream? This beautiful green treat will wow the kids without all the sugar.
Annie from Keto Focus brings us this recipe that uses real fresh mint leaves and our very own dark chocolate chips. And, if you're a chocolate lover like us, you can always add a little keto chocolate syrup over the top!
Yields 1.5 pints
Macros per serving (½ cup): Calories: 390 | Fat: 37g | Net Carbs: 3.3g | Protein: 4.7g
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup monk fruit sweetener
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup macadamia nut milk
- Pinch of salt
- 6 egg yolks
- ½ cup ChocZero Dark Chocolate Chips
- In a food processor, pulse together mint and monk fruit until a paste forms.
- Over medium heat, combine heavy cream, nut milk, mint mixture, and salt in a small saucepan. Heat for about 5 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk yolks. While whisking slowly, pour in about ⅓ of the cream mixture into the yolks. Then pour the yolk mixture back into the cream filled saucepan.
- Cook the mixture over medium-low heat for a few minutes or until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and let the mixture sit for 30 minutes to allow the mint leaves to steep.
- Strain the custard mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a small bowl. Cover and let sit in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Churn custard cream using an ice cream machine according to manufacturer’s instructions. Five minutes before the ice cream is done churning, add ChocZero chocolate chips.
Creamy Keto Treats:
- Don't have an ice cream maker? Check out these super easy Keto Creamy Fudge Pops!
- For a little pick-me-up, check out the fluffy, trendy Keto Dalgona Coffee.
- Have a bite (or two!) of cheesecake with our 5-Ingredient Keto Cheesecake Bites.
If you made this delicious ice cream, we want to see it! Tag us on Instagram with #ChocZero to show off your cool creation.
P.S. If you want to turn this ice cream into even more of a decadent treat, try using it in our Keto Grasshopper Martini!