Keto Strawberry Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Summertime means strawberries and we are here for all the berry treats! This Keto Strawberry Cake with Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting is the perfect summertime dessert!
Strawberry cake is a staple homemade cake choice and Annie from Keto Focus has created a recipe that brings the sweet, fresh strawberry flavor without all the carbs, sugar & gluten!
Start this recipe by creating a fresh strawberry fruit puree that will be used in both the cake and frosting layers. Once you have the strawberry cake baked & cooled, use our sugar free syrup with the strawberry puree to make an ultra sweet and fluffy cream cheese frosting! Decorate by creating frosting berries or add fresh berries on top! Either way, you'll be enjoying bakery style strawberry cake in the comfort of home.
Makes 9 servings. Macros per serving (1 slice):
Calories: 445 | Fat: 41.1 g | Net Carbs: 5.4 g | Protein: 9.2 g
- 4 large strawberries, sliced
- 2 tsp monkfruit blend sweetener
- pinch of salt
- red food coloring (optional)
- 1 ¾ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup monkfruit blend sweetener
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup reserved roasted strawberry puree
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 oz cream cheese, softened
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sweetener of choice
- ¼ cup ChocZero Strawberry or Vanilla Syrup
- remaining roasted strawberry puree
- Toss sliced strawberries, sweetener and salt together. Spread out on a parchment lined tray and bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Puree roasted strawberries in a food processor or blender until smooth. Add a few drops of red food coloring to deepen the red color if desired. Set aside.
- Grease an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray and turn down oven to 325°F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter until fluffy. Add in sweetener, eggs, ¼ cup reserved strawberry puree and vanilla. Mix until combined. Slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Option: Add more food coloring if you are wanting a pink cake.
- Pour cake batter into prepared baking dish and bake at 325°F for 33-35 minutes or until cake is set in the middle.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Add cream cheese and butter to a medium bowl. Beat until fluffy then slowly mix in powdered sweetener, ChocZero Sugar Free Syrup and remaining strawberry puree. Mix until smooth.
- Frost cake and enjoy!
How to make delicious Keto Strawberry Cake:
Annie walks us through how to make this keto strawberry cake with strawberry cream cheese frosting cake in our step-by-step video.