Keto Red Velvet Truffles
Who doesn't love the decadence and richness of a red velvet treat?! These truffles will give you all the red velvet cake vibes in a bite sized keto package. Feel like you're biting into a slice of cake with the luscious red velvet center and creamy coating of our white chocolate baking chips. You won't be able to stop at just one!
This recipe comes to us from Anna Boyd over at @baconbutterbourbon! She's all about finding decadent and fun recipes that are still keto friendly. Check her out for some other great seasonal treats
Makes about 6 truffles. Macros per serving (1 truffle):
Calories: 115 | Fat: 9.7 g | Net Carbs: 1.2 g | Protein: 2.5 g
- 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp granular sugar substitute
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- red food coloring
- 1 oz cream cheese
- ChocZero White Chocolate Chips
- In a medium bowl mix all ingredients except the cream cheese and ChocZero White Chocolate Chips.
- Pour mixed ingredients into a greased ramekin.
- Microwave for 70 seconds or until a firm cake consistency has been achieved.
- Crumble the cake mixture into a bowl and mix in the cream cheese. Form this new cake mixture into balls and set aside on a tray.
- Melt the ChocZero White Chocolate Chips in a double boiler or by microwaving in 30 second intervals.
- With a spoon or fork evenly coat each cake ball with the melted chocolate and place back on to the tray.
- Place the tray in a refrigerator until the chocolate shell has hardened.