Keto French Toast
Annie from KetoFocus brings us this easy and kid-friendly sugar free breakfast recipe that the whole family will love.
This low carb version of a classic star of the weekend brunch tastes just like you remember it, but is made with coconut flour and cream cheese to keep the carb count down.
Macros per slice: Calories: 237 | Fat: 20.8g | Net Carbs: 2.8g | Protein: 5.9g
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp of your sweetener of choice
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking power
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl or blender and mix together until cream cheese is fully incorporated.
- Pour into a loaf pan lined with damp parchment paper. Leave a couple of inches of parchment paper hanging over the edges for easy lifting out of the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. The loaf should be firm to the touch but will deflate as it cools. Once cooled slice up into the desired thickness.
- To make Keto French Toast, heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat. Add 1-2 tablespoons of butter. Fry each slice in the pan or griddle until crisp and browned on each side.
- Top with your choice of butter, whipped cream, and ChocZero syrup.