Keto Cookie Crisp Cereal
The latest food trend to leap from TikTok to our breakfast bowls is a giant heap of tiny chocolate chip cookie cereal covered in milk. We loved the concept, but we didn't love the idea of eating a bowl of sugary carbs for breakfast. So the wonderful Annie from Keto Focus came up with these sugar free mini cookies that make for the perfect homemade Keto Cookie Crisp.
Featuring our sugar free chocolate chips, this mini chocolate chip cookie cereal is sugar free, gluten free, has no sugar alcohols and is low in net carbs, but (and this is important!) still delivers all the joy of eating a bowl of tiny cookies for breakfast.
Makes 48 mini cookies
Macros per 8 cookies: Calories: 384 | Fat: 37.6 | Net Carbs: 4 | Protein: 7
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup monkfruit sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup ChocZero Chocolate Chips
- To serve: Your favorite keto-approved milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift together almond flour, coconut flour and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter, monkfruit sweetener, and vanilla extract.
- Slowly stir in dry ingredients and mix until combined. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes to allow flavors to meld together and prevent the butter from spreading while baking.
- PInch off a small ball of cookie dough about the size of a large marble and roll into a ball. Place ball on a parchment lined baking tray and press down flat to form a cookie shape. Repeat with remaining dough, spacing around a ¼ inch apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes or until the edges of the cookies begin to brown slightly. Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking tray for 3-5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Add cooled cookies to a bowl and pour over your favorite keto approved milk.
More Keto Breakfast Ideas
- Our low carb Chocolate Chip Chaffle is a keto breakfast classic.
- ... or try our McKeto Breakfast Sandwich to see just how deliciously versatile the chaffle can be.
- Another trendy instagram-friendly breakfast is the souffle pancake, and we've got the fluffiest Keto Souffle Pancake recipe around.
- Or if you want an easy keto breakfast, this Sugar Free Parfait is fast, tasty and nutritious.
This mini cookie cereal goes super well with our sugar free spin on that other TikTok food trend, the Dalgona Coffee!