Keto Chocolate Espresso Truffles
There's something about chilly weather that makes espresso taste even better. We love the rich flavor, especially when it's covered with our sugar free dark chocolate chips. These keto chocolate espresso truffles are really easy to make, so you can cozy up with them in front of a crackling fireplace (or a virtual yule log 😊).
This recipe comes to us from Carolyn, our favorite Food Dreamer. If you're looking for great keto bakes this holiday season, she's got some yummy ones to check out!
Makes 24 truffles. Macros per serving (2 truffles):
Calories: 177 | Fat: 16.3 g | Net Carbs: 3.6 g | Protein: 2.1 g
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring the heavy cream and espresso powder to a simmer. Remove from heat and add the chopped chocolate. Let sit 5 minutes to melt.Add the sweetener and butter, and whisk until smooth. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Using about 1 tablespoon of the mixture at a time, roll into balls and place on a waxed paper lined cookie sheet. Freeze 1 hour.
- In a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, combine the ChocZero Dark Chocolate Chips and cocoa butter. Stir frequently until melted and smooth.
- Dip the frozen truffles in one at a time, tossing with two forks to coat. Lift out and tap the fork on the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. Place back on the waxed paper lined baking sheet.
- Place the ChocZero White Chocolate Chips in another heat proof bowl and set over the pan to melt, stirring constantly.
- Drizzle any remaining melted dark chocolate over half of the truffles and drizzle white chocolate over the rest (Place the melted chocolate in a ziploc baggie with the very corner snipped off to pipe it over).
- While the chocolate drizzle is still warm, place one espresso bean on the top of each truffle. Let set.