Keto Black Forest Chaffle Cake
This recipe combines the classic taste of a Black Forest Cake with a keto staple: chaffles. Together the result is a delicious Keto Black Forest Chaffle Cake!
No black forest dessert would be complete without the decadent taste of rich cherries and Annie from Keto Focus has created a recipe that brings that traditional 'Black Forest' flavor but keeping the carbs low and the cake keto friendly.
Use our yummy dark chocolate chips to create the fluffy chaffle 'cake' layers and then whip up your cherry whipped filling sweetened with cherry extract and our ChocZero Vanilla Syrup! Everything comes together in a snap, and once you've assembled your layers, sit back and enjoy a timeless keto friendly classic dessert.
Makes 4 servings. Macros per serving:
Calories: 385 | Fat: 37.6 g | Net Carbs: 3.8 g | Protein: 5.5 g
- 2 eggs
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup ChocZero Dark Chocolate Baking Chips, melted
- 2 tsp sweetener of your choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup ChocZero Vanilla Syrup
- 2 tsp cherry extract
- In a small bowl, add eggs, cream cheese, almond flour, melted ChocZero Dark Chocolate Baking Chips, sweetener and vanilla extract. Mix together using an electric mixer.
- Once combined, pour a small amount into a small waffle maker and cook for 2-3 minutes or until waffle is set. Repeat with remaining cake batter.
- To make the cherry whipped topping, add heavy cream to a medium bowl. Using an electric mixer, whip until soft peaks form. Add in ChocZero Vanilla Syrup and cherry extract. Continue whipping until stiff peaks form.
- Assemble cake layers by adding layers of frosting in between and around the cake.
How to make an easy Keto Black Forest Chaffle Cake
Annie walks us through how to make this keto black forest chaffle cake in our step-by-step video.
More delicious Keto Chaffle Recipes
- For another 4-tier chaffle cake spin on a classic dessert try our Keto Red Velvet Chaffle Cake
- You can't go wrong with a classic chocolate chip chaffle
- Or for a more savory option, this recipe combines two keto staples to create delicious sausage ball chaffles.
Have you come up with an inventive spin on a classic keto chaffle? Share your photos with us on Instagram by tagging them with #ChocZero!