Keto in Quarantine: Comforting Low Carb Banana Bread
Banana bread is the number one comfort food recipe for quarantine. Unfortunately, the use of bananas and flour means that traditional banana bread isn't exactly low carb.
This Comforting Low Carb Banana Bread comes to the rescue. A delicious keto-friendly bake that will trick your taste buds--and keep you low in net carbs. It's the ultimate comfort food for a day when only a baked good, a hot beverage, and a good book can soothe your soul.
Servings: 12 (two 3x6 inch loaves)
Macros per slice: Calories: 331 | Fat: 31.9 | Net Carbs: 3.1 | Protein: 5.8
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 ½ sticks of unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup monk fruit sweetener
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp banana extract flavoring
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, divided
- ½ cup ChocZero baking chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray two 3x6 inch loaf pans with cooking oil or line with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, sift together almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Add monk fruit sweetener and mix together for several minutes until light and fluffy. Reserve ¼ cup of butter mixture for later.
- Mix in eggs one at a time until combined. Add in banana extract and sour cream. Mix until combined. While mixing slowly add in sifted dry ingredients.
- Add ¼ cup chopped walnuts and ChocZero baking chips. Mix until fully combined.
- Spoon batter into the loaf pans filling with batter to almost the top of the pan.
- Combine reserved butter with remaining chopped walnuts and spoon over the top of each loaf.
- Place loaf pans on top of a baking tray (to catch any overfill) and bake at 325 for 30-35 minutes or until set. Remove from the oven and let cool before serving.
More Recipes for Keto Comfort Food
- If banana bread is the food of quarantine, dalgona coffee is the drink. And this Keto Dalgona Coffee is deliciously creamy as well as sugar free and sugar alcohol free.
- Chocolate and cheese? Yes please. Nothing says home comforts like our Keto Chocolate Cheesecake Muffins.
- And for when you need a quick comfort fix, our Keto Chocolate Chip Mug Cake makes it on to the table in less than 2 minutes.