Giving up sugar is great for your health, but it can be challenging when most of the foods we are surrounded with are packed with sugar. The best way to succeed is to keep a variety of keto-friendly snacks on hand that also taste great.
This Homemade Keto Trail Mix is the solution: full of heart-healthy nuts and a delicious white chocolate bark made with our keto chocolate baking chips... and absolutely no added sugar! Make a batch at the weekend and enjoy all week. It makes for a perfect post-workout snack, a satiating breakfast-on-the-go or just a quick snack to keep hanger at bay.
Annie from KetoFocus walks you through how to make homemade keto trail mix, complete with a white chocolate bark that takes it to the next level.
Homemade Keto Trail Mix
- ½ cup ChocZero White Baking Chips
- ¼ cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon hemp hearts
- ½ cup ChocZero Dark Baking Chips
- ½ cup whole macadamia nuts
- ½ cup whole almonds
- ½ cup whole pecans
- ⅓ cup pumpkin seeds
- ⅓ cup unsweetened coconut chips or flakes
- To make the seeded white chocolate bark, melt the white baking chips in a glass bowl in the microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring in between until melted. To the melted white chocolate, add chopped macadamia nuts, sliced almonds, chia seeds and hemp hearts. Stir to combine. Then spread mixture onto a parchment lined baking tray. Freeze for 10 minutes or until hardened.
- Meanwhile, prepare the trail mix. Add the remaining ingredients to a medium bowl. Once the white seeded bark has hardened, break into bite sized chunks and add to the trail mix.
This is a versatile recipe! Mix and match with different combinations of seeds and nuts, and try different keto-approved add-ins such as Lolli's Cookie Clusters for even more variety. Get even more inspiration by following us on Instagram!