As we start a new year and a new decade it's a great time to reflect on what we don't want to bring forward with us. Here at ChocZero, we hope you leave sugar in the past, where it belongs!
But just because you leave behind sugar doesn't mean you need to leave behind your favorite foods. This Keto Breakfast Sandwich from Annie at KetoFocus is a case in point. Bursting with flavor, it pairs our sugar free maple syrup with delicious sausage and egg inside two low carb maple chaffles. It's sweet without sugar and the perfect fuel to start your day.
McKeto Maple Chaffle Breakfast Sandwich
- 1 egg
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 teaspoon ChocZero Maple Syrup
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat waffle maker.
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour ⅓ to ½ the batter into the waffle maker. Cook until set. Repeat with remaining batter.
- To assemble your maple chaffle breakfast sandwich, spread butter on one side of each maple chaffle. Layer in egg, sausage or bacon. Enjoy!