Vegan Keto Peanut Brittle
Keto peanut brittle is easy to make, tasty, and perfect for Christmas. Nut brittle is one of those confections that many people love to enjoy during the holiday season: it makes a great Secret Santa gift or potluck snack. It's even great to munch on while watching Hallmark movies!
For folks who are following dairy free or vegan keto, this toffee style candy is hard to make. Usually it uses butter or heavy cream to be creamy. This recipe is unique in that it's only two ingredients, making it perfect for anyone with dietary restrictions.
Simply roasting ChocZero sugar free caramel syrup with salted nuts of your choice (pecan brittle is especially delicious) creates a beautifully golden, sweet-and-salty keto friendly hardy candy. This keto hack has all the rich butterscotch flavor and satisfying snap of a traditional old-fashioned peanut brittle recipe, but is both sugar free and sugar alcohol free! And if you don't have our caramel syrup on hand, our maple or vanilla syrups caramelize perfectly well in the oven or broiler.
Makes 8 servings. Macros per serving:
Calories: 84 | Fat: 1.6 g | Net Carbs: 2.6 g | Protein: 0.8 g
- 12 oz ChocZero Caramel Syrup
- ¼ cup salted dry-roasted peanuts or pecans
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or foil. Set aside.
- Add ChocZero Caramel Syrup (maple also works) to a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the keto syrup starts to bubble and foam. Continue to cook until large bubbles form (about 4-5 minutes).
- Stir in peanuts or pecans. Remove from heat and quickly pour onto a parchment lined tray. Spread out as a thin layer.
- Let cool for 30 minutes. Break into small chunks once hardened.
How to make homemade vegan keto peanut brittle
Annie walks us through this recipe for delicious sweet-and-salty sugar free brittle.
More deliciously nutty keto treats
- Keto almond joy bars make another delicious sugar free gift!
- Try our quick recipe for a single serve keto white chocolate & macadamia nut cookie.
- Our keto peanut butter cups play a starring role in these PB Cup Cookies.
Are you whipping up homemade keto treats to give as gifts this season? We want to see your creations! Share your photos with us on instagram by tagging them with #ChocZero.