Perfect Keto Chocolate Cheesecake Muffins
There's something so cozy about a muffin. Freshly baked out of the oven, filling the air with a rich aroma... muffins evoke home and comfort in equal measure.
Now, Carolyn from All Day I Dream About Food has given us the Perfect Keto Chocolate Muffin. You have to try them: they are fluffy, moist and chocolatey... but thanks to our chocolate chips they are also gluten free, low carb and with no added sugar!
With a soft cream cheese center and a rich chocolate exterior, these keto muffins tick all the boxes. Get them on the table and you will have definitely won at life.
Makes 12 muffins. Macros per serving:
Calories: 267 | Fat: 22.9 g | Net Carbs: 3.7 g | Protein: 7.9 g
Cream Cheese Filling:
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar substitute of your choice
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
Keto Chocolate Muffins:
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- ½ cup unsweetened almond or hemp milk room temperature
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour (can use sunflower seed meal)
- ½ cup sugar substitute of your choice
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp espresso powder (optional, enhances chocolate flavor)
- ¼ tsp salt 3 tbsp sugar-free dark chocolate chips
Cream Cheese Filling
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with the sweetener until well combined. Add the cream and vanilla and beat until smooth. Set aside.
Keto Chocolate Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a muffin pan with 12 silicone or parchment muffin liners. In a large blender, combine the eggs, almond milk, melted butter, and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- Add the almond flour, sweetener, cocoa powder, baking powder, espresso powder, and salt. Blend until smooth. If your batter is overly thick, try adding a tablespoon of almond milk or even water. It should be scoopable but not liquidy.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups, filling each no more than 2/3 full. With the back of a spoon, create a well in the center of each muffin.
- Divide the cream cheese filling among the wells, adding about 1 ½ tbsp to each muffin. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with chocolate chips.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until the edges are set and the centers are puffed up. Remove and let cool in the pan (the centers will sink, this is normal).