Keto Sweet and Sour Chicken
When those Chinese takeout cravings hit, it's hard not to just order in some of your favs! Skip all the sugar and carbs with this keto sweet and sour chicken recipe! This recipe combines crispy keto friendly baked chicken pieces with a low carb sweet & sour sauce to make the perfect homemade Chinese dish. We use our sugar free maple syrup to make a sweet and sour sauce that's thick, tangy and delicious with no sugar. Just how we like it 😋
Serving is the fun part! Add it on top of cauliflower rice, into a keto ramen or inside your egg rolls 🙌
This recipe comes to us from Lisa at LowCarbYum. She makes quick & easy low carb recipes the whole family can enjoy.
Makes 6 servings. Macros per serving:
Calories: 338 | Fat: 18 g | Net Carbs: 4 g | Protein: 29 g
- 1½ lbs chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup avocado oil
Sweet and Sour Sauce:
- 6 tbsp ChocZero Maple Syrup
- 3 tbsp keto-friendly ketchup
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease bottom of a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Cut chicken into cubes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Dip chicken pieces into beaten egg with fork allowing excess to drip off. Then toss each piece in the coconut and almond flour mixture to coat.
- Heat avocado oil in a large skillet and cook your chicken until browned but not cooked through.
- Place chicken in the prepared baking pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the sauce ingredients including the ChocZero Maple Syrup. Pour sauce evenly over the chicken.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes spooning sauce over chicken once or twice during baking.