Simple Maple & Ginger Keto Stir Fry
Are you looking for a sweet and savory dish that works well toward the end of January? With Chinese New Year on the horizon, this delicious Sugar Free Stir Fry is for you.
The secret is in the sauce: made with our sugar free maple syrup for sweetness along with grated ginger for warmth.
This is a special recipe that we are super-stoked to share with you as it was originally developed by Rhea's Mom (you'll know Rhea as our VP of Marketing)! We asked Annie from KetoFocus to turn it into one of her fantastic recipe videos so we could share the deliciousness with you.
Makes 4 servings. Macros per serving (10 oz):
Calories: 590 | Fat: 40.5 g | Net Carbs: 14 g | Protein: 29 g
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 baby bok choy, chopped
- 2 cups chopped napa cabbage
- 2 cups broccoli slaw
- 2 cups sliced pork tenderloin, pre-cooked
- ½ cup sliced green onion
Stir Fry Sauce:
- ⅓ cup water
- ⅓ cup soy sauce (you can sub for Aminos if you are avoiding soy or are on strict keto)
- ¼ cup Sugar Free Maple Syrup
- ½ cup sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 ½ tsp grated ginger
- 1 ½ tsp arrowroot powder (you can sub for Xanthan Gum if you are on strict keto)
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the sugar free maple and ginger sauce and set aside until needed.
- Add 3 tablespoons of avocado oil to a large skillet or wok over medium high heat.
- Add bell pepper, red onion, mushrooms and bok choy. Saute until vegetables begin to soften.
- Lower heat to medium. Add pork, napa cabbage and broccoli slaw. Saute for 1 minute.
- Stir in ½ cup sauce. Continue to cook until sauce thickens.
- Top with green onions and serve.
- Save remaining sauce for later.
- You can switch out any of the vegetables in this stir-fry for your preferred low carb faves. Not a fan of mushrooms? Use cauliflower hearts. No bok choy? Try zoodles or asparagus. You can switch out the pork for rotisserie chicken or shrimp if that's what you have on hand, or even use tofu if you prefer.
- Make sure your vegetables are thinly sliced and don't overload your skillet or wok. This will help everything cook fast and evenly.
- You can keep the temperature in your skillet high by swirling your sauce in around the edges when you add it to the stir-fry.
- You can use the leftover sauce as a marinade for the protein for your next stir-fry!
Watch our step-by-step video to see how to make this low carb stir fry.
More Keto Savory Meals
- Try our deliciously crispy fried chicken chaffles for another quick weeknight dinner.
- Our bacon wrapped asparagus with maple lemon sauce is a delicious keto side dish.
- Chicken wings are always a winner, especially with this sweet sugar free sriracha wing sauce.