Colorful Keto Prism Cake: Low Carb Jelly Cake Made with Agar-Agar
This colorful sugar free jelly cake is a keto-friendly spin on a Japanese prism cake but with the carbs cut. Created by Annie at Keto Focus, this jelly cake made with agar powder makes a fantastic keto party cake! Turn it yellow and orange to channel those Fall vibes, red and green for a festive centerpiece or just go wild and dye it your favorite colors for an impromptu party!
Makes 8 servings. Macros per serving:
Calories: 323 | Fat: 16 g | Net Carbs: 1.5 g | Protein: 0.8 g
- 4 ⅓ cups water
- 4 tsp agar powder
- ¾ cup powdered sugar substitute
- 1 ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup your preferred ChocZero Sugar Free Syrup
- food coloring
- Combine ⅔ cup water, 1 ¼ teaspoons agar powder and ¼ cup powdered sugar substitute into a small saucepan. Heat over medium high heat until boiling. Remove from heat.
- Stir in heavy whipping cream into the agar mixture. Pour into a parchment lined 6 inch springform pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
- In a clean saucepan, combine 1 ⅓ cup water, 2 ½ teaspoons agar powder and ½ cup powdered erythritol. Heat over medium high heat until boiling. Remove from heat.
- Stir in ¼ cup ChocZero Sugar Free Syrup and 1 ⅓ cup water. Separate mixture equally into three bowls. Add two different colors of food coloring to two bowls and mix to combine. Pour each bowl into a small baking dish or plastic container. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
- Once hardened, cut the three colored mixtures into small squares and place on top of the cream layer, alternating the colors as you cover the entire surface.
- To create an even cake and to help seal the layers together, prepare one final mixture of agar solution. Heat ⅓ cup water and 1 ¼ teaspoon agar powder in a saucepan until boiling. Remove from heat, add in 1 cup water. Let cool for a couple of minutes.
- Pour agar mixture over cake until it covers the entire cake. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
How to make Keto Prism Jelly Cake
Annie walks us through how to make this colorful sugar free jelly cake in our step-by-step video.
More no flour keto recipes:
This is a flourless jelly cake, and we know you might be looking for more keto recipes without flour. Here's a few of our faves:
- This Easy Keto Custard Flan is creamy, tasty and makes for an elegant dessert.
- Our Easy Keto White Chocolate Panna Cotta is another flour-free recipe ideal for date nights and dinner parties.
- Or for something with a bit of a snap and crunch, try our beautiful Keto Meringue Cookies Made with Egg Whites.