Keto Banana Muffins
Muffins make the easiest grab-and-go breakfast, so we wanted to share a keto friendly version that the whole family will love. These low carb Keto Banana Muffins are so fluffy and have melty morsels of our sugar free dark chocolate chips. It's perfect for those of us who like to have a little chocolate in the morning 🍫💞
This warm and cozy recipe comes to you from Carolyn, the low carb baking genius behind All Day I Dream About Food. She knows that the secret to banana muffins without using banana is the extract. All the flavor is there, without the extra sugar or carbs.
Makes 12 muffins. Macros per muffin:
Calories: 149 | Fat: 10.3g | Net Carbs: 2.5g | Protein: 6g
- ⅔ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup granular sweetener
- ¼ cup unflavored whey or egg white protein powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 large eggs
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 to 2 tsp banana extract
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ to ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup sugar free ChocZero dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a muffin pan with 12 silicone or parchment liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, sweetener, protein powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the eggs, butter, banana extract, and vanilla extract and stir until well combined.
- Stir in ⅓ cup of the water until combined. The batter should be thick but still pour-able. If it's too thick, stir in a bit more water, one tablespoon at a time. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Divide between the prepared muffin cups and bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Remove and let cool completely in the pan.
Looking for more yummy breakfast recipes?
- Our Keto Cookie Crisp Cereal combines two of our favorite things: chocolate chip cookies and breakfast.
- Try the Keto Banana Bread version of these muffins!
- If you like a more hearty meal in the morning, check out the McKeto Breakfast Sandwich.
If you made one of these yummy recipes, we want to see! 😋 Tag us on Instagram with #ChocZero