Keto Almond Joy Bars
Filled with coconut, wrapped in chocolate and topped with that perfect crunchy almond they make for a thoughtful Mother's Day present for any Mom's living the sugar free lifestyle!
These keto candy bars are also a fun recipe to make (and eat!) with coconut-loving kids, especially if you have fun molds to use!
Makes about 8 servings. Macros per bar:
Calories: 192 | Fat: 18.5 g | Net Carbs: 2.7 g | Protein: 1.2 g
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp of granular sugar substitute
- a splash of vanilla
- handful of whole almonds
- ChocZero milk chocolate chips
Variation: If you’re more of a mounds type of person, skip the almond and coat with dark chocolate!
- Melt together the coconut oil, coconut flakes and sugar substitute.
- Pour into small, square silicone molds.
- Top each bar with a whole almond, and freeze slightly.
- Once hardened enough to remove from the mold, coat with melted milk chocolate chips.
- Let sit at room temperature to set the chocolate and bring the filling back to a softer texture.
- If you live in a climate above 76°F set and store in the fridge.