Bacon wrapped asparagus is a delicious keto-friendly side dish, but Taffiny Elrod from Keto Cooking School elevates it to something extra special with this sugar free maple dijon sauce. Featuring our sugar free maple syrup, this spring side dish is bright and sweet, ideal to accompany your Easter dinner! And, bonus, this sauce is incredibly versatile and can also be used to brighten up salads or as a dip for chopped veggies.
Annie from Keto Focus shows us how to make bacon wrapped asparagus along with this luscious sugar free maple dijon sauce in our step-by-step recipe video.
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus with Sugar Free Maple Dijon Sauce
- 1-pound thin sliced bacon, with each piece of bacon cut in half down the middle
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, washed and trimmed of tough ends
- 3 tablespoons ChocZero sugar free maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 425 F
- Wrap each stalk of asparagus in half a piece of bacon. If the asparagus is very thin you can wrap two stalks together. Continue until all the asparagus is wrapped.
- Place the wrapped asparagus on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or tin foil and bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until the bacon is cooked and the asparagus is tender.
- While the asparagus is cooking make the sauce In a small mixing bowl stir together the maple syrup, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and lemon juice.
- When the asparagus is done serve with the sauce.
- This sauce also makes a delicious salad dressing and dip.
Looking for Keto Easter Recipes?
We want to make sure you can enjoy Easter with tons of traditional treats but with none of the traditional sugar. We've shared lots of lovely keto-friendly Easter recipes with you over the past few weeks:
- Try this easy keto recipe for chocolate covered sugar free marshmallow eggs
- Make yourself happy with some homemade sugar free marshmallow peeps
- Create beautiful floral white chocolate sugar free spring baskets with whipped cream
- Grown-ups can try a spring-green sugar free grasshopper martini!
- And for a light and creamy dessert you should definitely whip up our keto raspberry fool if you haven't already tried it.