Brown Butter Keto Pecan Pie Bars
Keto Pecan Pie Bars bring all the classic flavor of your favorite Thanksgiving dessert and then turn it into a diet friendly treat! These bars make great low sugar desserts to bring to family get-togethers this holiday season, where people may have many dietary restrictions--they won't be able to tell you've substituted regular flour for almond flour. Plus they're just like a home baked pie only easier to make since you don't have to worry about a crust.
The best part about our sugar free pie squares is their buttery, low carb shortbread base. The pecan pie filling shines with its crunchy topping and thick texture thanks to our sugar free caramel syrup. Bake, slice up, and serve at your next holiday potluck or Thanksgiving gathering! It's a great twist on a traditional pecan pie dessert!
Anna from baconbutterbourbon transformed this holiday classic into a hand-held dessert!
Makes 9 servings. Macros per serving (1 bar):
Calories: 272 | Fat: 22.2g | Net Carbs: 3.4g | Protein: 4.8g
- ¼ cup softened butter
- 6 tbsp granular sugar substitute
- ½ egg, beaten
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- splash of vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ⅔ cup sugar free caramel syrup
- 6 tbsp brown sugar substitute
- 2 ½ tbsp butter, melted & cooled slightly
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together all crust ingredients until a wet sand like mixture forms.
- Press the crust mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the baking pan. Set aside and move on to making the filling.
- In a large bowl mix together the filling ingredients including the sugar free caramel syrup until a smooth custard texture forms.
- Bake for 45 minutes to up to an hour until the crust is golden brown and the filling has set.
- Allow the bars to cool completely before covering and allowing them to set for an additional few hours. Once completely set slice and serve.
- Serve with additional chopped pecans and homemade sugar free vanilla whipped cream.