Blossoming with mouth-watering sweet and salty bacon roses this is truly the stuff that Valentine's Day dreams are made of.
The talented Annie from KetoFocus walks you through how to make a bacon rose bouquet in our step-by-step video.
How to make a Keto Bacon Rose Bouquet
- 12 slices of bacon
- ¼ cup ChocZero Maple Syrup
- ⅓ cup ChocZero Milk Chocolate Baking Chips
- Bouquet of fake roses
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place a wire rack on a foil lined baking tray and set aside.
- Working with one bacon strip at a time, lay out a slice of bacon. Brush with maple syrup. Starting at one end of the bacon strip, roll tightly until you have formed a rose shape. Secure with two toothpicks forming an ‘X’ at the base. Place on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining strips.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes.
- While the bacon is cooking, prepare the rose stems. Remove the petals from the fake roses but leave on the plastic stem wire.
- Once the bacon roses have finished cooking, remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Melt ChocZero Milk Chocolate baking chips in a small glass bowl in the microwave at 30 second intervals until melted.
- Dip the base of each bacon rose into the chocolate and return to the wire rack to cool. Refrigerate for 5 minutes until chocolate has hardened. Remove the toothpicks.
- Insert each bacon rose to the rose stems of the bouquets.
Looking for more sugar free Valentines Day ideas?