Tasty Keto Cosmic Brownies
In times like these, it's easy to reminisce about schoolyard days and the yummy treats our moms used to pack in our paper bag lunches. If you were one of the lucky kids who got a packaged brownie with some sprinkles on top, everyone knew your mom was the coolest. Now that we're adults, we're not really into all that sugar, but we still want a sweet snack to go with our low carb lifestyle. That's why we love these fudgy keto cosmic brownies. They're covered with a rich frosting made with our sugar free chocolate chips, and topped with some colorful sprinkles. Feel like a kid yet? 😊
This recipe comes to us from Anna over at BaconButterBourbon. She makes keto treats that take us back to many happy memories (without all the carbs!).
Makes 4 servings. Macros per serving:
Calories: 250 | Fat: 24.25 g | Net Carbs: 1 g | Protein: 4 g
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp granular sugar substitute
- 2 ½ tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 ½ tbsp almond flour
- pinch of sea salt
- ChocZero Chocolate Chips
- 5 ½ tbsp heaving whipping cream
- sugar free sprinkles
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a jelly roll or shallow baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mix all brownie ingredients together until desired consistency. Spread evenly in baking pan.
- Bake brownies for 8 minutes and allow to cool.
- To make the frosting, heat heavy whipping cream in a bowl or sauce pan and incorporate ChocZero Chocolate Chips while stirring. Once frosting is completely melted and has thickened up, quickly spread evenly over the brownies.
- Top with your favorite sugar free sprinkles and allow everything to cool for a few minutes before cutting into.