Easy Keto Caramel Sauce
This Keto Caramel Sauce is a sweet way to elevate almost any low carb dessert. A thick and delicious golden sauce, you can pour this liberally over cakes, bakes, and brownies to add an ooey-gooey luscious sweetness that tastes like pure indulgence--without adding sugar or carbs.
This recipe comes to us from Annie at Keto Focus and she recommends tweaking the salt in this recipe if you want to make it more like a salted caramel sauce. Either way, it's a delicious treat.
Decant into a pretty jar and wrap it with a bow for a lovely homemade festive gift for the low carb foodies in your life.
Makes 1 cup. Macros per tablespoon:
Calories: 86 | Fat: 8.8 g | Net Carbs: 0.4 g | Protein: 0 g
- ¼ cup butter
- ⅓ cup ChocZero Caramel Syrup
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ to ½ tsp salt
- In a small saucepan, brown the butter over medium heat until butter is melted, brown bits start to form at the bottom of the pan, and the butter has a nutty aroma.
- Add in ChocZero Caramel Syrup and heavy cream. Whisk until combined. Let simmer over low heat for about 15 minutes. Mixture will be bubbly.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and salt. Caramel will be thin at this point but if you place it in the refrigerator to cool, the sauce will thicken up.
- Store in the refrigerator for 1 month.
How to make sugar free caramel sauce
Annie walks us through the process of making this delicious and easy keto caramel sauce in our step-by-step video.
Pour your keto caramel sauce over these delicious desserts
- Drizzle your caramel sauce over these fudgy keto chocolate brownies!
- Is there anything more delicious than this keto pecan pie? Keto pecan pie with a splash of caramel sauce!
- No time for baking? Our keto chocolate chip mug cake comes together in a few minutes, and is the ideal base for this caramel sauce.