We all need something to remind us to smile at the moment, and these super simple Sugar Free Spring Baskets are just the ticket. Easy to make and fun to decorate, these keto-friendly baskets are a great little project for children and adults to do together. The baskets use our keto white chocolate chips for the base, and then you can go wild with the decorations.
How to Make Sugar Free Spring Baskets
Yield 6 1-ounce baskets
Prep time: 10 minutes
Chill time: 5 minutes
- 6 ounces white chocolate chips
- 2 ounces (1 cup) unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2-3 drops green food coloring
- 4 fluid ounces (1/2 cup) heavy cream
- Selection of fresh berries and chocolate chips for decorating
- Oil a six-cup muffin tin well
- Melt the white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl or in the top of a double boiler, stir in the coconut flakes and the green food coloring. Mix until it is fully combined.
- Press six equal portions, about 1-ounce each, of the white chocolate mixture into each muffin cup. When the chocolate is cool enough to touch press it into the bottom of the cup and up the sides like you are making a pie crust, to create a basket shape. If it is sticking to your hands you can wet the tips of your fingers slightly to keep it from sticking.
- Chill in the freezer for five minutes.
- While the baskets are chilling beat the heavy cream to stiff peaks.
- Use a flexible spatula or small knife to loosen the edges of the baskets and pop them out of the muffin tin.
- Fill each one with about a tablespoon of the whipped cream.
- Then decorate with the berries and chocolate chips to make them look like they are covered with flowers. You could also use fresh mint leaves, other sugar free candies or edible flowers.