These fudgy Keto Mint Chocolate Chip Truffles are sure to raise a smile with their bright green centers and deliciously creamy texture.
This yummy sugar free recipe is from Carolyn, the genius behind All Day I Dream About Food. She loves that low carb lifestyle and we're so excited to share these decadent treats she created with everyone. Our keto chocolate chips play a starring role in these delicious low carb truffles and the smooth mint flavor will remind you of mint chocolate chip ice cream!
How to Make Keto Mint Chocolate Chip Truffles
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 ounces sugar-free ChocZero white chocolate chips
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 tbsp butter softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sweetener of your choice
- 1 to 2 tsp mint extract (adjust to taste)
- Natural green food coloring
- 1 tbsp sugar-free ChocZero dark chocolate chips
- 2 ounces sugar free ChocZero dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 ounce cocoa butter
- 1 ounce sugar-free ChocZero white chocolate chips for drizzling (optional)
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the cream to a simmer. This won't take long so watch carefully.
- Once simmering, remove from heat and add the white chocolate chips. Let sit for a few minutes to melt and then whisk to combine. Let cool to lukewarm.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with the butter until combined. Beat in the powdered sweetener, then beat in the white chocolate mixture until well combined.
- Add mint extract and green food coloring to taste, then stir in the chocolate chips. Refrigerate 30 to 60 minutes to firm up.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop and scoop the mixture onto the tray. Alternatively, you can roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls between wet hands. You will need to re-wet your hands frequently.
- Freeze until very firm, at least 2 hours.
- In a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, combine the dark chocolate chips and the cocoa butter. Stir until melted.
- Transfer the truffles to a plate and keep them in the freezer (they soften easily). Working with one at a time, dip each frozen truffle into the chocolate, tossing to coat with a fork. Lift out and tap the fork on the side of the bowl a few times to remove the excess chocolate.
- Place on the parchment paper lined tray to set. Repeat with remaining truffles. The chocolate should set quickly if your truffles were frozen but if not, pop it in the fridge for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Set another heatproof bowl over the pan of water and bring back to a light simmer. Add the white chocolate chips and stir until melted.
- Transfer the melted white chocolate to a snack-size ziploc baggie with the tiniest tip of the bag cut off one corner. Drizzle over the truffles and let set.