For the dark chocolate and coconut lovers out there, these Keto Almond Coconut Truffles are an indulgent and slightly gooey bite-size treat. Sugar free and low carb, these truffles still pack in plenty of flavor thanks to our dark chocolate chips and the delicious coconut filling.
This recipe has been developed by Annie at Keto Focus, and makes for a perfect last minute addition to your holiday table.
Keto Almond Coconut Truffle Recipe
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- room temperature 1 ¼ cup ChocZero dark baking chips
- melted ¼ cup powdered erythritol
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- Add ¼ cup ChocZero dark baking chips to a small microwave safe bowl. Melt chips in the microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- In a medium bowl, combine heavy whipping cream, melted chocolate, powdered erythritol and almond extract. Whip until stiff peaks form.
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, scoop 1 inch sized balls of the chocolate mousse onto a parchment lined baking tray, spacing about 1 inch apart. Freeze for 1 hour or until hardened.
- Melt remaining 1 cup of ChocZero baking chips and butter in the microwave at 30 second intervals until melted, stirring in between. Stir in coconut extract.
- Using a toothpick or fork dip chocolate truffle in the melted chocolate and replace on the baking sheet. Immediately sprinkle shredded coconut on top.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to serve.
(And, just a tip, these go so well with our keto white mocha!)