Peeps are an iconic Easter candy, and now you can make your own Sugar Free Marshmallow Peeps with our keto vanilla syrup. These peeps are a great way to round out a keto-friendly Easter basket or to decorate a low carb Easter cake!
Sugar free marshmallow is one of those things that you always think will be hard to make at home, until you try it and discover it's actually really easy. And once you have created your sugar free marshmallow you can use a mould or pipe them into the traditional peeps shapes, or get creative and invent the marshmallow peeps you've always dreamed of!
Homemade sugar free marshmallow peeps
- 3 tbs gelatin
- ½ cup cold water
- ¼ cup ChocZero sugar free vanilla syrup
- 1 cup preferred confectioners sugar substitute
- 1 cup water
- ¼ tsp salt
- Add ½ c cold water to gelatin and vanilla in a small bowl. Whisk until it looks like applesauce. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium high heat, add 1 cup water, confectioners sugar substitute and salt. Stir to combine. Let cook until the sauce reaches a temperature of 240°F.
- Remove from heat and pour into the gelatin mixture. Using an electric mixer, beat together until you get marshmallow cream consistency. This should take about 7-10 minutes.
- Once thick, pour into a greased or parchment lined square baking dish and spread evenly. Let cool, uncovered at room temperature for 4-6 hours.
- Once cured, cut out desired shapes.
Our keto-friendly vanilla syrup is a versatile ingredient to keep on hand. You can use it to make sugar free vanilla whipped cream or add it to sauces for an added sweetness, such as in our vanilla cranberry keto sauce.