Enjoy a carefree afternoon with a scoop of Homemade Sugar Free Mint Chip Ice Cream. Do you have an ice cream maker, but aren't sure how to make keto-friendly ice cream? This beautiful green treat will wow the kids without all the sugar.
Annie from Keto Focus brings us this recipe that uses real fresh mint leaves and our very own dark chocolate chips. And, if you're a chocolate lover like us, you can always add a little keto chocolate syrup over the top!
If you don't have an ice cream maker and you want a yummy cold treat, try our easy Keto Creamy Fudge Pops.
How to Make Sugar Free Mint Chip Ice Cream
Yields 1.5 pints
Macros per serving (1/2 cup):
Calories: 390 | Fat: 37g | Net Carbs: 3.3g | Protein: 4.7g
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup monk fruit sweetener
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup macadamia nut milk
- Pinch of salt
- 6 egg yolks
- ½ cup ChocZero Dark Chocolate Chips
- In a food processor, pulse together mint and monk fruit until a paste forms.
- Over medium heat, combine heavy cream, nut milk, mint mixture, and salt in a small saucepan. Heat for about 5 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk yolks. While whisking slowly, pour in about ⅓ of the cream mixture into the yolks. Then pour the yolk mixture back into the cream filled saucepan.
- Cook the mixture over medium-low heat for a few minutes or until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and let the mixture sit for 30 minutes to allow the mint leaves to steep.
- Strain the custard mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a small bowl. Cover and let sit in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Churn custard cream using an ice cream machine according to manufacturer’s instructions. Five minutes before the ice cream is done churning, add ChocZero chocolate chips.
If you made this delicious ice cream, we want to see it! Tag us on Instagram with #ChocZero to show off your cool creation.